Re: backup using rsync

Forgot to mention where I backup to.
I usually have a remote server somewhere with huge
Gigs of HD space. This remote server can hold the backups for
the production servers. I also have a backup server of our backup
server. Which is located in some other remote area.
Rysnc and ssh work well together. Run from Cron, you get emailed
when the backup is finished, so you know if completed or failed.
Tapes or CDRW are fine too, but I'm tired of those. or maybe I'm too
lazy to walk to a machine every morning and pull out a tape.  ;)

Cheers,
Mike