Re: unattended installation of a debian package

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 03:12:31PM +0200, Tobias Jahn wrote:
> Is it possible to install a debian package in an unattended way (without
> any user interaction), although the package installation script would
> normaly ask some questions?

More or less, although it is not yet reliably possible. Set
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=Noninteractive in the environment and use the
--force-confdef flag to dpkg to suppress any conffile prompts. (However,
the latter may break the package if you had edited the conffile and it
required major changes.)

If a package does its own interaction with the sysadmin, I'm afraid
you're out of luck.