Re: RedManWarian: My Day Dream Distro

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:52:54PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote something like this:

> > I second PGI.  I created a customized distro in a day to hand out to my

> What's PGI stand for?

I'm assuming it's  Progeny Graphic Installer

from the pgi package:

This package contains PGI, a multi-architecture graphical installer
creation system for Debian GNU/Linux originally developed by Progeny
Linux Systems, Inc., for their Debian-based "Progeny Debian" operating
system.

This package enables the user to create ISO images containing a
bootable installer (PGI) which guides the user through the steps of
installation. The installer supports text and graphical installation
modes. PGI runs debootstrap to install a minimal Debian system to the
target filesystem(s), sets up a boot loader (if the installing user
requests), and uses the pivot_root() system call to "boot" into the
installed system. ISO images may be generated with complete or partial
Debian package archives, or with the the installer only (useful for
network-only installs, which PGI supports.)

--
Calm down -- it's only ones and zeros.