Re: spam assassin install/test

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 04:07:58PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> It should be possible to run spamassassin (or spamc) globally, but it
> requires more work and isn't set up by default.

To set it up to run globally (thanks dman!), the following needs to be
added to your /etc/exim/exim.conf.

In the transports section, add this:

# Spam Assassin
spamcheck:
    driver = pipe

    command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc

    bsmtp = all

    home_directory = "/tmp"
    current_directory = "/tmp"

    # must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
    user = mail
    group = mail

    return_path_add = false

    log_output = true
    return_fail_output = true

    prefix =
    suffix =

In the directors section, add this:

# Spam Assassin
spamcheck_director:

    # do not use this director when verifying a local-part at SMTP-time
    no_verify

    # When to scan a message :
    #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
    #   -   it isn't already scanned
    #   -   it didn't originate locally (as long as I don't harbor spammers :-))
    condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {!eq {$received_protocol}{local}} } {1}{0}}"
    driver = smartuser
    transport = spamcheck

spamd *must* be running for exim to work this way.

If you want your tagged spam deleted automatically unseen, add this to
your .procmailrc

:0
/dev/null

Change /dev/null to, say, zero to have your spam moved to $MAILDIR/zero.

- --
Baloo