Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 22:47, Larry Smith wrote:
> I can use some moral support here.
>
> We use Redhat at my job for technical work.  My
> instincts are to switch to Debian (I have both RedHat
> and Debian at home).  I'm running into a bit of
> resistance.
>
> Are there substantial reasons, in your view for making
> the switch to Debian?
>
> My initial thoughts are "Completely GNU."
>
> Much more supportive (it seems to me ) web page.
>
> Better package management system.

If you run RH at work, you know all about RPM Hell and rpmfind.net.
That's why I fled Mandrake.  I haven't seen any hairy dependency
situation that apt-get can't handle.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |