Re: Which motherboard is recomended for AMD 2000 XP

Hi Roberto,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002, Armenteros Roberto wrote:
> I would like to know which motherboard is known to be
> good for the AMD 1800/2000 chips. I will be making a

Depends what you want to do with it.  For my needs (computational physics),
I like Tyan's S2466N-4M dual board (great deal at ~$200 IMHO), but YMMV...

I've also enjoyed the ECS K7S5A for really unimportant/cheap machines.
There are (unsubstantiated???) reports about a hardware bug based either on
this board or its Sis 735 chipsets, but then again, there have, at least
historically, been lots of documented bugs with Via Athlon chipsets (mainly
with UDMA disk access).

HTH,
Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics