Re: upgrading debian

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 10:06:57AM -0400, Phil wrote:
| I have Debian version 2.2.17 running on an old machine.

There is no such debian version.  That looks like a kernel version.

| I'm experimenting with setting it up as a server and getting it to
| print.  I believe the new release of Debian (r7) would be useful
| toward that end.  I realize I would have to install all the
| subsequent patches.  I have not found them.  are they still on the
| mirrors,  is there a better way.

To upgrade your *debian* version :
$ su root
# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# exit

To upgrade your kernel, explicitly install the kernel package you want
and update your boot loader.

-D

--
If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/