Re: PPD File for HP 1200se Printer

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:

> My version of CUPS (from potato) comes with a PPD file which is
> described as being "for HP Laserjet Series".  Is that file
> appropriate for the HP Laserjet 1200se?

Try it. Does it work?

If you want to use the 1200se in Postscript mode, then any
generic Poscript config will probably work.  If you want to use
HP PCL, then try the Laserjet config.

> If not, how do I get a PPD file for the 1200se? I've looked on
> HP's webpage for printer drivers, and I didn't see anything
> about PPD files.

My advice: try a Postscript PPD file.  If that doesn't work try
a Laserjet PPD file.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I put aside my
                                  at               copy of "BOWLING WORLD"