demographics of debian users (was: ratio of male vs. female debian users)

> On Tuesday 16 July 2002 10:29 am, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Oleg wrote:
> > > Do African Americans use Linux?
> >
> > Er, what do you think? Hint: you probably just pissed off a lot of
> > debian developers, if they happened to see that remark.

[...]

Snipped out of context the way you did it, the sentence can in fact be taken
the wrong way. I meant what I said and I see no need to apologize for it [1]

My point is that Linux and Debian are cultural phenomena probably more than
many other software-related issues. If you have related insecurities, I'm
sincerely sorry to hear that, but it is not my problem nevertheless.

Regards,
Oleg

[1]  I'll quote the whole thing for the record:

"I'm actually curious as to ethnical and national composition of Linux and
Debian users. E.g. do they use Debian in France, or are they all Mandrake
users? (Actually, one French person I knew used SuSE, another - Redhat, but
they may have been weirdos^H^H^H^H^H^H^H outliers). Do African Americans use
Linux?"