Re: true transparency?

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 08:58, Stephen Turner wrote:
> mac os x is pretty slick, it has a true transparency for its terminals,
> that way you can see the web site as you type :) is that feature available
> in a linux term?

http://directfb.org/screenshots/index.xml

It's not X, but gtk has been ported to directfb - they even run the
gimp. Anybody knows how directfb compares to Berlin? I think the former
is 'just' a display driver, while Berlin tries to provide a complete X
replacement - right?

While I agree on the limited usability for text windows, I'd imagine
it'd be great to have semi-transparent toolboxes if you're doing image
processing.

cheers
-- vbi

--