Re: true transparency?

> > The net result is that each window has the root window's background,
> > making it seem that you're seeing "through" the window to the root
> > window below. However, if you overlap two windows, you can't see the
> > lower window through the upper one, which is what MacOS X does. So the
> > correct answer to the original question is "No, nothing on Linux does
> > this."

i watched as my girlfriend used her mac, her os x mac, her unix based os x
mac, she pulled up a terminal, looked just like linux, guess thats cause
its unix based she then adjusted it cause she didnt like where it was
positioned, and behold, she not only mentioned it but i seen it, the web
site showed through her console, it appeared as if she had black text on
foggy glass over a computer scree, yes, i seen the text clearly on the
terminal, and yes i seen the text behind it on a mac os website telling
her how to chage colors in her terminal, so YES it does work. she had
"seen the lower window through the upper window," and it was seen clearly
:) now perhaps not all mac os x versions can do this but i know what i saw ;)