Re: static routes

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 15:45, Alexander Schiftner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a Debian newbie, so far I have been using the SuSE and Redhat distros. I
> am really enthusiastic about Debian's features, especially apt.
>
> However, I have not managed to find a configuration file (like /etc/route.conf
> in SuSE) where I can configure a static route. Of course it wouldn't be a
> real problem to write it myself, but I think that I've missed something. Can
> somebody give me a hint ?

If you just have a single default gateway, you can put it in your
/etc/network/interfaces under the correct interface as
gateway x.x.x.x

or if there are a few you can put a number of 'up' statements in
interfaces like

up route add -net etc etc
up ...

or if you have a whole bunch you can create a script of your choosing
and call _it_ via the up statement.

It is possible that I am missing an obvious way, but that is what I use.

-Mark