Re: DNS madness on Woody

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 13:13, Pat Colbeck wrote:

> My PC is having weird DNS issues. I can pick a host on the internet and ping
> it OK from the command line but my MTA (postfix) cannot resolve it. Another
> weird thing is that I can add an address to the hosts file and ping will use

You run postfix in a chroot jail (basically this is to improve
security). But this means that certain conffiles will be duplicated, and
that it is necessary for them to be identical.

There are probably hosts, resolv.conf, group and passwd files somewhere
in /var/.../postfix/etc (user find or locate).

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg