Re: Mutt and mailing lists

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:33:19PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I just switched from evolution to mutt

I think that's a good move.

| (so that i could use spamassassin,

You can use spamassasin with evolution.  All you have to do is use
fetchmail (or something) retrieve and store the mail instead of using
evolution to do it.  Then use evolution to read the mailbox from disk.
That's if you still want to use evolution.

| save system resources, etc).  Anyway, I've configured mutt so that
| it knows of the various mailing lists i'm on w/ the 'subscribe'
| command in my muttrc, but now instead of telling me who the mail is
| from (when receiving from a list), it tells me 'To
| debian-user@lists.debian.org', How can I get it to tell me who it is
| from in the pager?

Yeah, that's an annoying default if you have your lists properly
sorted.  I file my list mail into ~/Mail/lists/*.  Here's some
snippets from my .muttrc :

folder-hook lists.* 'set sort=threads sort_aux=reverse-date-received'
folder-hook lists.* 'set index_format="%3C %Z %[%b%d] %-17.17n(%?M?#%3E&%4c?) %s"'

folder-hook lists.* 'push <Esc>V'  # collapse all threads

If you want to see the rest of my .muttrc in case you might find
something interesting there, just let me know.

-D

--
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/