Re: Easy install CMS?

Martin Rowe, 2002-Jul-08 23:33 +0100:
> Is
> Zope easy to get up & running with the default configs (or minimal
> tweaking) or are there better (read 'simpler') systems out there.
>
> The intention is to demo it at work as an alternative to doing everything
> with Lotus Notes (company newsletters, bulletins, etc) and get GNU/Linux
> a bit more of a foothold :) If it does prove a success, I should be able
> to take the time to get to know the backend systems better.

I recently installed Zope and it's CMF (Content Management Framework)
module.  It's default configuration works for me, right out of the
box.  It took me some time reading and playing to figure out how it
works.  I ended up adding 1 folder and then 1 CMF Site to that folder,
and I was up and running, adding content and users.  It's very power
and now I have a huge appreciation for what a "framework" can provide.

The biggest part of my learning curve was understanding the
fundamentals of a CMF.  As I caught on, Zope got more clear, and gets
better the more I learn about it.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer