Re: (Debian) Opera browser

On Jul 14, 2002 at 11:33 +0200, Ruben Porras wrote:
> El dom, 14-07-2002 a las 11:08, Brian Swale escribi?:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody have useful experience of Opera for Debian?
> >
> > www.opera.com
> >
> > I prefer Opera in the Windows environment as it's so fast and scalable. Is
> > Opera for Debian like that?
>
> I think Opera for Debian is exacly the same as opera for Win, but I
> prefer Galeon which is free software, I think it's more important.

I use Opera on Windows, and used it for a long time on Linux (redhat)
until I recently upgraded to Debian and got Mozilla 1.0.  On Linux, I
think Mozilla is finally better.  Opera does work decently, but has a
few rough edges (sometimes background colors are wrong, the usual
problems with crummy IE- or Netscape-specific sites).  It may use less
memory than Mozilla (I have a lot of RAM in this box so I haven't
noticed), but other than that I prefer Mozilla in every way.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com