[bj@caverock.net.nz: Re: Where to find Pre-made Debian Woody CD:s?]

----- Forwarded message from Brian Swale <bj@caverock.net.nz> -----
Brian, I think you meant to send this to the list so here it is.

From: "Brian Swale" <bj@caverock.net.nz>
To: Russ Pitman <rjp@belle.apana.org.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:09:00 +1200
Subject: Re: Where to find Pre-made Debian Woody CD:s?

Date forwarded: 	Sun, 14 Jul 2002 19:18:36 +1200
Date sent:      	Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:21:53 +0800
From:           	Russ Pitman <rjp@belle.apana.org.au>
Subject:        	Re: Where to find Pre-made Debian Woody CD:s?
Forwarded by:   	debian-user@lists.debian.org

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:12:11AM +0200, Daniel Mose wrote:
> > This might seem like a stupid question, but it makes a fairly good poem... =!
> >
> > I have never seen any advertizing from a Debian Retailer in a news paper or a
> > computer magazine. ( or on the web for that matter )
> >
> > But I see Suse Linux and Redhat in adv campains nearly all the time.
> >
> > I have neither seen a Debian Installation CD (+Package CD ) as a "freebie"
> > for bying an expencive Computer magazine.
> >
> > That's how I got my Red Hat 7.1
> >
> > The third thing, that I've never seen is a book called
> > "Debian Linux for everyone" - that you can actually borrow from your local
> > public library, or Buy for almost nothing in a sell-out. And that contains a
> > CD distribution of Linux.
> >
> > This is how I got my Redhat6.1

There is a book;

Bill McCarty; 'Learning Debian GNU/Linux" Pubished O'Reilly, 1999. I got
mine 2nd hand through the 9,000 2nd hand booksellers linked through
www.abebooks.com

I got my Debian disks from this guy

This is where I got my Debian

Brian

----- End forwarded message -----

Russ.
--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia