wwwoffle as proxy server

Good Day!

        I have wwwoffle version 2.7b from Debian Sid. When I'm offline,
i can easily point my browser to http://localhost:8080/ [1]  and it doesnt
timeout, but when i go online(ppp connection), every request to
wwwoffled results to connection timeout. i tried

        -wwwoffle -online
        -wwwoffle -status
        -wwwoffle -fetch

       - all of the above plus additional -c /path/to/wwwoffle.conf

but still results to connection timout. below are the error messages
that i'm getting whenever i issue those commands:

wwwoffle[1502] Warning: Failed to connect socket to 'localhost' port
        '8081' [Connection timed out].
wwwoffle[1502] Fatal: Cannot open connection to wwwoffle server
        localhost port 8081.

is there something wrong with my config? any ideas on how to fix or what
might be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

[1] my proxy setting for http and ftp points to localhost:8080.

--
Jan Michael C Alonzo                           email:  <jmalonzo@softhome.net>
GnuPG key:                                   http://dotdeb.150m.com/pubring.gpg