Re: Gnome2 wm trials....

I haven't been able to get at this machine for a few hours to work on it, but I
am now.

I do have gnome-session2, I did add the experimental stuff to the sources.list
file,and gnome2 does run once I hack around the starting errors. I'm not worried
about breaking this box, we have others running fine here at our Internet cafe,
running woody/gnome1.4

I ran a :

   # dpkg-reconfigure gnome-session2

and guesswhat it did? It made kde2 the default session manager!

# ls -l /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 2002-07-13 18:43
/etc/alternatives/x-session-manager -> /usr/bin/kde2

So I will  manually make it a link to gnome-session.......

# rm x-session-manager
# ln -s /usr/bin/gnome-session x-session-manager

..... restart session....

Didn't help. I'm back with twm with xterm...

 killall twm; sleep 1; sawfish &
 gnome-panel &

It gets borring doing this everytime I start a session. But then I can just
leave it running all the time, and I'll never have to repeat it....

http://www.celasmaya.edu.gt/