RE: recognizing a usb rio600 mp3 player

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 09:45:31PM +0000, p wrote:
> debs,
>
> i can't get my usb rio600 to connect to
> my sid box.
>
> 1.  what would be the device name for the
>     rio600?
>
> 2.  how would that device name be set
>     up?
>
> the kernel (2.4.18) seems to recognize
> that there's a diamond player connected
> to usb, but when i type, "rio," i get,
> "device not found."
>
> ...suggestions?

Yo,
All I can suggest is make sure you have:
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
in your kernel,

run the command as root

Sometimes, I get device not found & have to fiddle around by replugging
it in, turn it off/on.  Something like that anyway.

I compiled rioutil-1.2a4.tar found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rioutil

There's an INSTALL doc in that package that's informative.

I also have sid & 2.4.18 kernel.

John