Re: Annoying replacements of apostrophe in Word docs under Mozilla

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 03:49:57PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Is there any way to get Mozilla to show the correct apostrophe instead
> of the symbol y-diaeresis (y-umlaut) which appears in its place? (I
> presume these docs were originally created with Word.) It's annoying
> when reading a long article. Does it require a plugin or different font?
> Or do we just have to put up with it?

You might try installing the msttcorefonts packag which downloads
Microsoft's free (gratis) truetype fonts. I've been using Georgia and
Verdana in mozilla for quite some time and haven't *noticed* any wierd
substitutions for the so-called 'smart quotes' that wurd-html contains.

Of course, I might just have been lucky all this time...

dt

PS The Andale Mono font in this package makes a pretty good xterm font.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all