MUTT persists

I still don't get the mutt setup.  It was rather easy
to set up balsa, but mutt simply won't get mail out to
yahoo (or anyplace other than my email account at my
internet server).

I get email from my pop account through mutt.  The
server is setup as in balsa.

But mutt always gets yahoo sent email bounced back as
folows:

SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<my_linux_user_name> SIZE=1468:
    host mx2.mail.yahoo.com [64.157.4.88]:
    501 Syntax error in parameters or arguments

I must have missed on of the 200 or so variables in
the .muttrc file.