Re: Mutt questions

Hi:

Does Fetchmail send mail? I use Exim as my mail transfer agent
(MTA). Mutt can speak directly to a POP server, so I don't use
Fetchmail. Although, Fetchmail seems to be what you want if you
automate your mail retrieval over a dialup link. Mutt doesn't
seem to be very good at that task; probably by design as it's only a
mail user agent (MUA).

An MUA like Mutt needs an SMTP server to send mail, so I use
Exim. Exim mostly works right out-of-the-box, it only needs your SMTP
address.

--
Microsoft Free By 2003