Re: SMTP Cluster

Hi Paulo,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> 	anyone already did a SMTP Cluster? 2 or more Linux Machines with Exim and Postgres to handle many email accounts?
> 	I have to setup machines to handle 50.000 mail accounts or 1.000.000 emails/day (considering a mean of 20 emails/day/account)?
> 	Thanks In Advance,		Paulo Henrique.

I've never done this, but I'd guess that you'd be better staying free of any
type of database system if you don't explicitly need some form of
transaction support, as that will probably ease your workload.

The postfix people (I use this MTA to handle low to moderate traffice LAN)
seem to suggest that even a moderate box running their code can handle 10^6
emails/day.

HTH and take care,
Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics