Scanning images to pdf files

I've figured out how to scan images and covert them to pdf (a combination of jpg -> png -> ps -> pdf). This is great but I'd really like to scan multiple pages and put them in the _ONE_ PDF document. At the moment I have seperate documents named file-page1.pdf, file-page2.pdf. ....... which really sucks.

Any clues on how to get multiple jpgs or other scanned images to one document via scripts. The multipage document can be postscript as it is trivial to convert this to PDF with ps2pdf ;-)

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.