Re: problem setting up a new debian-box

my only debian-cd i have is rather old (>1year: woody, but 2.2.19) and it is not able to detect the raid correctly, so it detects no harddrives to install my system to. anyhow, there will be some reading before i manage to set up the basic system on the raid, but i haven't yet found a place to put an additional system-disk into the case. (i think there are good HOWTO's, are there ?)

You mention earlier that have no harddrives or do you have hard drives
that are not detected. If the latter, you might want to try the -idepci
images. I dont have much experience with the promise controllers so this
might not work at all. Just a suggestion

well, i have tried the idepci-images (which are floppy images)
however, since i cannot install my system from floppy (because the floppy-controller is unknown) these are of no use.

i have now found a tiny space where i have placed an extra harddisk (/dev/hda). so i have no a harddrive, and temporarily i have connected a cdrom too, so the basic installation should be no problem.

i hope, this closes this thread

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes

Shri