Re: 2.6 kernel

Gary Hennigan wrote:

> You might want to look again. A linefeed without text before it still
> counts as a line, but you're correct in one regard, I missed two lines
> at the end so the total should've been 13 -- for a one line post. A
> 13/1 ration, or even a 6/1 ratio seems excessive.

Can we just summarize this dispute as ".signatures are dumb, but if you
_must_ have one, four lines is the commonly-accepted maximum", and move
on?

Personally, I find long sigs (well, under, say, 10 lines) less annoying
than putting reply text above the quote, or quoting all of a long
message just to make a very brief reply, or having no line breaks in
paragraphs, or formatting paragraphs for more than 80 columns, or HTML
mail, or mail viruses, or spam, or certain clueless people (not you,
Gary) who post inane diatribes about how Debian and/or Linux sucks
because they don't understand it and apparently lack the intelligence
to learn anything new...

Craig