Re: Using a IDE CD-RW with a SCSI Hard Drive

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> Are you sure you want to use the first hard drive? That's what /dev/hda
> is.
>
> How about /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd?
>
> The reason this sticks out to me, I'm just finishing doing the same
> thing.

It doesn't matter to me which interface the drive is on: does it matter to
the ide-scsi module?  In other words, is the module hard-coded to ignore
the hda interface for CD drives?  I can always reconfigure the cabling to
put it on the secondary interface, but I can't imagine why the module
would care.  Weirder and weirder.  Thanks for the idea though.
	-- Robert

    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		       http://www.flarenet.com/
      * Putting the Service Back in Internet Service Provider *