Using a IDE CD-RW with a SCSI Hard Drive

Hello All,
I'm having a bit of a problem getting an IDE CD-RW drive to work in
a system which uses a SCSI hard drive.  Currently, the hard drive is
configured to use the aic7xxx driver (as /dev/sda), and all is well.
I've added the IDE CD-RW as the primary master and configured LILO to
append "hda=ide-scsi" and added ide-scsi to the list of modules loaded.
The ide-scsi module loads, but it does not detect any drives for
emulation.

The IDE CD-RW drive itself works if I access it via /dev/hda (for example
to mount a CD-ROM), but as far as I know neither cdrecord nor cdrdao will
work using a IDE interface (hence the need for ide-scsi.)

Does anyone know what I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks.
	-- Robert