Re: Reinstalling packages

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:42:44PM +0200, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> Dying hard disk?

You did say you'd had other problems, which sounds suspicious.

> After the problem happened the first time I made a fsck with surface
> test and that showed no problems...
>
> I just checked dmesg too and I didn't see anything strange there...

Or /var/log/*. Something will note / being remounted read-only.

> How can I use grep-dctrl for showing all packages of a kind (base, for
> example, and preferably only the ones that are already installed)?

What does 'base' mean? 'Section: base' isn't actually all that useful
any more. If you wanted all required/important/standard packages, you'd
use something like this:

  grep-status -eFPriority 'required|important|standard' | grep-dctrl -FStatus -nsPackage 'install ok installed'