Reinstalling packages

Hello..

I was wondering if there was any way I could tell apt-get to reinstall all
already installed packages of a kind (base, for example) with one single
command (or script).  I've had some problems with my PC and lost some files,
so I guess reinstalling these packages would be the best bet.

About this problem with my PC.. I think it's weird thing.. One day I was
using my PC like a normal day but suddenly I started getting error messages
each time I tried to do anything.  I tried restarting and while it shut down
all my processes I kept getting messages saying "Read-only file system" (my
only partition is root so It shouldn't be read-only).  So, I'm wondering, why
could an already-running filesystem turn itself to read-only suddenly?  After
restarting my PC I got lots of lost+found messages.

Thanks a lot for your help on this..

Ronald Castillo