Re: Installing Debian onto a machine with multiple 3c509 NICs

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:52:31 -0500
"Dan Gapinski" <support@qsi-r2.com> wrote:

> I seem to be having some trouble with the 2.6r6 release of Debian. It
> appears that my 3c509b NICs have drivers for them, but as I have 3 NICs
> (for what I hope to be a decent router/firewall),
(snip)
> 2) Do you use one line of parameters for multiple cards (and if so,
> what's the proper syntax for that)?

I have a similiar situation, though not with the 3c509b cards.  I have
several NICs that all use the ne module.  I use the following line in
"/etc/modutils/ne":

    options ne io=0x340,0x300

I've found that the "io" parameter is normally all that's needed for the
module to find the ISA card and locate the rest of the information on it's
own.

--
Jamin W. Collins