Installing Debian onto a machine with multiple 3c509 NICs

Hello,

I seem to be having some trouble with the 2.6r6 release of Debian. It
appears that my 3c509b NICs have drivers for them, but as I have 3 NICs (for
what I hope to be a decent router/firewall), I have to pass parameters for
the irq, address, etc. The problem is that the bootstrap spits "bad param"
messages when I use the parameters:
io=0x240 irq=10
I did RTFM, but there is not much info on this. I guess my questions go like
this:
1) What is the proper syntax for just one card?
2) Do you use one line of parameters for multiple cards (and if so, what's
the proper syntax for that)?
3) Is there anything with this particular card that I should be aware of?
4) Would I be better off getting on with the install and installing the
cards later?

Many thanks and my best,
Dan "please-excuse-the-website-while-I-fix-it-up" Gapinski
dan.gapinski@qsi-r2.com