Re: mouse, gpm, PS/2, IMPS/2, erratic mouse, middle button | was: Mouse Problems

Long subject to allow others to do a good search.

in /etc/gpm.conf:

device=/dev/psaux
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2		# ps2 if you don't have IntelliMouse or equivalent

in /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Protocol        "IMPS/2"	# PS/2 to correspond with ps2 in /etc/gpm.conf
Device          "/dev/gpmdata"

IMPS/2 gives you middle-button cut-and-paste. Using gpm gives you the same
capability in consoles.

HTH,

Elaine

listmaster@lists.debian.org