Re: local package building

> another option is to put the package on hold. i do this with
> my packages that i build myself that way they are NEVER upgraded
> unless i specifically tell apt-get to do it, because if they

The trouble with this, admitedly more straitforward, solution, is that I
don't find out when the maintainer has issued a new package. The package
is on the "held back" line whether the maintainer has a new version out or
not.

With my prefered solution (making my own -7.1 out of the maintainer's -7),
apt-get doesn't bother me about the package at all until the maintainer
upgrades (at which point I can make my own -8.1 out of his -8).