Re: HTML Editor

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 11:17, Francisco Fialho wrote:
> I'm looking for a HTML Editor
> so I can work on a few web-pages...
> And I want to know if you guys can
> recommend me one? :-)( HTML editor
> and not web page:-))
>
> I running kde 2.2.x in a woody env.

If you're looking for something along the lines of the tools available
for Windows, as near as I can tell there isn't anything.  If you find a
free, true-WYSIWYG HTML editor for Linux, please let me know.

I certainly do appreciate the usefulness of hand-coding HTML.  But I'm
not gifted with great artistic skills.  I sometimes have a hard time
visualizing exactly what the page will look like from the source.  And
tweaking the source, save the file, switch to the browser, refresh the
page, nope - that's not quite right, switch back to the editor, etc.
gets old relatively quickly.  I'm not looking for anything to hold my
hand, and I certainly don't want something like FP that twists my arm
behind my back and tries to force me to go the way it thinks I should
go.  But it'd be nice to, say, look at the rendered page and be able to
drag the lines in a table to exactly where I want them to be.  So far, I
haven't found anything.