Re: Lexmark Z55 install

Thanks for that Paul. The original post was lost from this thread unfortunately. There I'd explained that I'd downloaded this driver (as per your link), and couldn't install as the Debian directory structure wasn't allowed for. Jans' advice got me through that, and I've the driver installed correctly.

I am now wondering if theres a port configuration problem on my computer, as there is no response to
$ cat /home/sig/testfile.txt > /dev/lp0

I have a kernel message of
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP(,...)]
lp0: using parport0 (polling)

When I installed the system, I chose 'no' when it asked if I am using a postscript printer. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Paul Miller wrote:
For the Z55, you can find it at:
http://drivers.lexmark.com/drivers.nsf/printer+driver/94A2CBA465EFA47785256B9800459777?OpenDocument

After you've downloaded it, extract it, then convert the rpm to a deb
(alien filename.rpm), and install the deb (dpkg -i filename.deb).  The
actual filter is probably /usr/local/lexmark/z55/z55.  I am not familiar
with the Z55, but if it is anything like the Z53, it shouldn't be a
problem to get working.
-Paul