Re: "Matched windows" under Fluxbox?

ben <benfoley@rcn.com> writes:
> On Sunday 07 July 2002 07:52 pm, David Z Maze wrote:
>> I'm using Fluxbox as my window manager right now.  I'd like to be able
>> to specify properties for individual windows, matching on window title
>> and class (just like the "matched windows" configuration in Sawfish).
>> Is there any good way to do this?
(specific case of xwrits)

> apparently, the multiscreen option in xwrits will, according to the
> man page, "open every available screen on each specified display."
>
> is that what you're looking for?

It's a neat thought, but no.  This is more aimed for things like my
dual-head desktop display, so I'll get a gaudy flashing hand on *both*
screens.  But it won't help, I don't think, for the case where my
window manager provides multiple workspaces such that xwrits can
appear and then be hidden by things outside of its domain.

That having been said, 'xwrits top' could be useful for the other
problem; I'll mess with that and see if it helps in general.

	-- Abra Mitchell