Re: What are framebuffer devices good for?

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:06:52AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Don't use it!  Framebuffer considered insane!

Yes, I too know that one. And for a wile I didn't see a use for FB
-- as a matter of fact, I got angry because of all that
penguin-at-boot nonsense, seemed as if it were no joke, that Tux
being the only notable change.

Then I got a new monitor: a Sony LCD.
And here I am, glad that FB exists!
And Linus said it himself, avoid it IF you can. So, am I wrong or is
there another way of making an LCD usable?

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates