Re: Need advice on email setup

hi ya paul

since it looks like your objective is to do spam filter too..
	- you would need access to the pop server to do it

i'd register   paulecondon.com  and use that as your primary email address
	whenver your diald connects to your isp... it will download
	all your emails for paul@paulecondon.com  and reject
	anything that is spam...
	( no need for fetchmail... )

since mail.paulecondin.com might have different ip# ( if you use dynamic
ip# assigned by your isp for the ppp connection )...
	you'd need to use the dynamic dns services for your domain
	and make sure Mail.paulecondin.com is a machine in your house
	so that you can do spam filter

	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/DNS/  - see dynamic ip# stuff

- other people sending emails ... in my book, should stay in their outbox
  till you're online...
	- if they send their spam to  mail2.paulecondin.com or your
	ISP or your other mail servers ( lower MX ip# )
	you're already been verified as a good recipient of spam...
	and get added to more spam lists

	- not sure if mail from your other MX servers is also received
	automatcally or if it can be filtered... think its received
	and can't be rejected ... donno...

	- you'd have to do spam filtering on ALL your mail servers

- i dont think spam filtering via procmail is good thing...
	( too time consuming to play with procmail...or any post filtering
  you already received it... in your mail/pop server occupying space..
	( the spammer didn't get a bounce )

-- use your 4th machine to backup important documents that is normally
   offline except during backups
	- use 1 machine for your firewall...
	( whether you add mail/web/dns on that firewall is pandora's box
	( of good and bad ways to do things with limited number of
	( machines
	( or working on your web/mail server while you do your normal work

fun stuff.. :-)

c ya
alvin