Re: spamassassin w/ evolution?

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 12:53:57AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
| On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 22:47, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
| >
| > You can install spamassassing with apt-get install spamassassin.  Set
| > /etc/default/spamassassin parameter ENABLED to 1.  Make sure the spamd
| > service runs from /etc/init.d/spamassassin Then use the following procmail
| > recipe to tag the mail:
|
| You can run spamassassin as a site-wide service direct from exim,
| without using procmail.  (I got the following set-up off a web page
| whose address I can't now remember.)
|
|    command = "/usr/local/bin/spamcheck.pl ${sender_address} ${pipe_addresses}"
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like it came from a server with "bogmog" in the name (I forget
the rest of the address).

A (IMO) simpler config is available at
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/ and doesn't have the potential
to be abused by shell metacharacters in addresses.  It also doesn't
involve execing a separate perl process for each message.

-D

--

There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him :