Re: Help configuring remote 720C printer

On Saturday 06 July 2002 08:42, Masatoshi Iwasaki wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 21:09:32 +0200
>
> "Ronald Castillo" <ronaldace@cantv.net> wrote:
> > Hello..
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone could help me install a printer... I have a HP
> > Deskjet 720C connected to a Win2000 PC.  I can already access that PC
> > and it can access me using Samba.  I'm running woody.
> >
> > I've already checked linuxprinting.org and installed the filter
> > recommended there but I don't know what to do next.
>
> I'm using Deskjet 720C from Debian laptop.
> Though I don't know what filter you installed, I use 'pnm2ppa' packages
> for printing.  I think you can find instructions from its README.Debian.

Thanks for your help.  Actually I've just made my printer work well.  What I
needed to do was a symlink of the ppca script (can't remember where was it
located) to /usr/sbin, restart my PC and it started working.

I had already installed pnm2ppa and in this list I was told to install
printtool which really made the trick.  Thanks a lot to everyone who helped!!

Ronald