Re: FreeSwan, iptables, firewalls, MASQ, etc. - confused

Jamin W. Collins wrote:

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:23:56 -0700
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

It still seems to me that something is wrong. I think there is a problem as far as the following is concerned.

Let's go back to my left network.
The VPN host is behind a firewall, where NAT is also performed. Therefore, the VPN host does not have, what I'll call a true public IP address. As far as it knows it's address is merely 10.0.1.10.

Sorry, missed that the VPN server was behind a NAT gateway.  However from
the first post:

CV> The VPN server through the NAT server has the following IP addresses: CV> public - 64.7.20.141, internal - 10.0.1.10

Does 64.7.20.141 terminate at the VPN host or is it redirected by
64.7.20.137?

It is redirected by 64.7.20.137

I've never attempted to configure an IPSEC connection without public IP
addresses at each server in question.