Re: FreeSwan, iptables, firewalls, MASQ, etc. - confused

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:23:56 -0700
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

> It still seems to me that something is wrong.  I think there is a
> problem as far as the following is concerned.
>
> Let's go back to my left network.
> The VPN host is behind a firewall, where NAT is also performed.
>  Therefore, the VPN host does not have, what I'll call a true public IP
> address.  As far as it knows it's address is merely 10.0.1.10.

Sorry, missed that the VPN server was behind a NAT gateway.  However from
the first post:

CV> The VPN server through the NAT server has the following IP addresses:
CV> public - 64.7.20.141, internal - 10.0.1.10

Does 64.7.20.141 terminate at the VPN host or is it redirected by
64.7.20.137?

I've never attempted to configure an IPSEC connection without public IP
addresses at each server in question.

--
Jamin W. Collins