From: Charles Baker [mailto:rascharles@yahoo.com]
Sent: viernes, 05 de julio de 2002 20:44
To: deb-user
Subject: KDE or Gnome

This is not to start a flame fest. I am a WindowMaker
and XFce user myself. I haven't used KDE since 1.x and
have never really tried Gnome. However, I would like
to give visitors a GUI that they would probably be
able to use w/ minimal help, and since most of my
visitors are Windows folk I figured that Gnome or KDE
would be suitable choices.

I run Debian sid. I use wdm for a gui login on the box
visitors would use and I'm running X 4.1.0-17. Which
would be simpler to add to such a setup, Gnome or KDE?
Gnome 1.x or 2.0? KDE 2.x or 3.x? Opinions or
suggestions anyone? Would installing either of them
compel the use of gdm or kdm?

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"