Re: upgrade to woody, portmap install problem

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 07:33:53 -0400, DU wrote:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/portmap.postinst: /etc/init.d/portmap: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

> I've tried removing portmap, installing it with apt-get and dpkg, even
> apt-get install -f, but I always get that error about bad interpreter.
> What does that mean?

It's bash's IMHO somewhat misleading way of trying to tell you that
/etc/init.d/portmap (which has an interpreter line "#!/bin/sh") is not
executable. Try "chmod 755 /etc/init.d/portmap ; dpkg --configure portmap".

HTH,
Ray
--
Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion.
	Dogbert