Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical Mouse

Has anyone got one of these?  If so can you please post your
/etc/gpm.conf and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files for me to see.

The best I can get out of the thing is with the following settings:
/etc/gpm.conf:
device=/dev/misc/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2
append=""

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "6"
EndSection

I have also tried various combinations of the following for type in
gpm.conf: ps2, autops2, mman, ms, ms+, logim, fuimps2, pnp, ms3.
And the following for Protocol in XF86Config-4: Auto, IntelliMouse,
Logitech, Microsoft, MMSeries, Mouseman, MouseManPlusPS/2, MouseSystems,
NetScrollPS/2.  I have also checked out all google pages I can find, but
most seem to recommend using what I have above.

I don't know any more to try.  The mouse works with the above settings
but often jerks to the bottom left corner and selects things even though
I have not pressed a button (when using the scroll wheel).

If anyone has one of these "Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical" mice working,
I would be grateful to hear from you.

Cheers.
Mark.