Re: (SOLVED?) Re: [CLUE-Tech] Logitech optical mouse?

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 09:54:51AM -0600, Dave Price wrote:

| I am not sure if this is correct, but I sysmlinked /deb/input/mice to
| /dev/psaux.

I think it would be clearer next time you read the config file if it
just says "/dev/psaux" instead, but that will work.

| The new setting (/dev/input/mice) seems to be an XFree-86-4'ism.  I saw
| some discussion about how it lets gpm and X share the mouse; I do not
| run gpm, so the symlink works for me.

I think it is a devfs-ism.  I use devfs and have
    /dev/misc/psaux     (PS/2 mouse port)
    /dev/input/mouse0   (first USB mouse)
    /dev/input/mice     (all mice combined)

(hmm, actually, this machine has a ps/2 mouse right now and the usb
one is on the laptop, so I don't have the mouse0 here, but apparently
the mice file includes the ps/2 mouse)

| When I tried "mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63" I got a 'cannot open / no
| such device' upon starting X.

Maybe you need to enable devfs first, or maybe you need a 2.4 kernel?

$ ls -l /dev/input/mice
crw-rw----    1 root     root      13,  63 Dec 31  1969 /dev/input/mice

| Thanks for the 'input'

:-).

-D

--

Running Windows is kinda like playing blackjack:
User stays on success, reboots on failure

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/