How can I test "squid" ?

Hello,

I tried to configure my squid proxy so that it caches as much as
possible. I want to save some online time this way.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work: If I try to load a site that I
i visited when I am offline again, it can't be found... Besides, the
cache dir /var/spool/squid grows only very little - if at all...

I configured the browser to use my squid, of course...

Since I am a proxy newbie, I don't know which lines from /etc/squid.conf
are interresting... so I have to beg you to tell me which information
you need to help me.

--
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      http://www.grunwald.2xs.de