Re: Logitech optical mouse?

> I have an optical logitech mouse that I am trying to use with Xfree-86
> (4).  It works fine under windows, but is very eratic under X;  any idea
> how I should set this up in debian woody?
>
> aloha,
> dave

Hi Dave,

I've had this same problem too, until I did the following steps:

1. mkdir /dev/input
2. mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63

Now make sure that in your xf86config-4 your device is pointing to
/dev/input/mice and your protocol is ImPS/2

Also, did you load all usb modules correctly ? Is a ps/2 port detected ?
(look in your dmesg)

Good luck!
Dick